Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

Good Saturday Evening,

My husband's favorite style of food is Italian. I always keep on hand, whole grain pasta, diced tomato's, tomato paste and fill my freezer with Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey. So I know on a day that I do not have anything planned for dinner, I can pull out the Turkey and use that as a base for any
Italian type of recipe that I am in the mood for.

Tonight, I was going to make a Turkey Spaghetti pie, but didn't have a few ingredients, so that dish will have to wait until next week. Instead I made Baked Spaghetti. Mind you, I am out of garlic, onion and eggs. I normally start off from fresh onion and garlic... had to improvise, and it turned out just as swell, so this is my no fuss, no dice, chop meal. FAST and easy.

This Dish Serves 8 and is 9 WW Points Plus per serving.

1 lb. Ground Italian Turkey
1 canned diced tomatoes
1 can tomato Paste
1 Box of Whole grain pasta (spaghetti)
3/4 cup water
1 T. Italian Seasoning
1/2 t. Onion Salt
1 t. Garlic powder
2 Cups Part Skim Mozzarella shredded cheese

Preheat Oven to 350
Brown meat, add in the canned items, water and seasonings. Salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Meanwhile Cook noodles according to package directions, set aside.
Get a 9 x 13 pan and spray with PAM.
Ladle 1/3 of sauce on bottom of pan and then layer with noodles and cheese. End with the sauce on the last layer, reserve 1/3 of your cheese.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, top with cheese and finish baking for 15 minutes.






  Put a smile on the hubbys face for sure. : )
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment